This Brussels sprout dish really packs some big flavors. Crispy pancetta and sage give texture, salt and aromas that compliment the bitterness of the Brussels sprouts. This all finished with a knob of butter and you have a these sprouts on their best
- 500 gram Brussels sprouts
- 50 gram pancetta cubes
- 15 gram butter
- 10 leaves sage
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- Clean and trim the brussels sprouts and boil them for 7-10 minutes. Or till they are nicely cooked all the way through.
- Fry the pancetta cubes in a drop of oil until they are lighty browned. Drain off the fat and keep the cubes on a kitchen paper so the grease can get absorbed.
- Heat the rest of the vegetable oil in a small pot or pan and fry the sage leaves in a few seconds till they are translucent and crispy. Move them to a kitchen paper and season lightly with salt.
- Melt the butter in a clean pot and add the Brussels sprouts and pancetta. Heat thoroughly and add the sage at last.