A versatile side that pairs with almost anything. This couscous with crunchy nuts, asparagus and mint is easy, quick and delicious.
Couscous with crunchy nuts, asparagus and mint
Mediterranean couscous dish full of flavour
- small rice cooker
- 200 gram couscous
- 200 gram chicken or vegetable stock
- 250 gram green asparagus
- 25 gram brazil nuts
- 25 gram walnuts
- 15 ml olive oil
- 5 gram mint
- Heat the stock in a medium pot and add the couscous. Bring the liquid back to a boil and cover with a lid. Let it stand for 5 minutes and loosen up with a fork.
- Trim the asparagus and blanch them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Roast the walnuts and brazil nuts in the oven at 180°C for 7-9 minutes or until they are nice and brown.
- Chop the nuts and asparagus coarsely and add them to the couscous.
- Finish the dish with the chopped mint, pinch of salt and some olive oil.