If there is one vegetable dish I can’t get enough of then it is this snow pea recipe with crushed fennel seeds and Pul Biber chili. The fruity heat from the chili compliments the aromatic fennel seeds perfectly and makes you reach for more each time.
Crunchy snow peas with crushed fennel seeds and Pul biber chili
- pestle and mortar
- 500 gram snow peas
- 5 gram fennel seeds
- 2 gram Pul biber chilli
- 10 gram olive oil
- Bring a pot of water with some salt to a boil.
- Clean and trim the snow peas and blanch them for 2-3 minutes in the boiling water.
- Drain the snow peas in a colander and leave them to steam dry.
- Add the fennel seeds to the mortar and grind the seeds till they are fine.
- Rinse out the cooking pot and add the olive oil, chili, and fennel seeds. Cook this gently over low heat to release the aromatics in the spices
- Add the snow peas, mix well, and season with a touch of salt.