Servings: 2 People
- 350-400 gram ribeye steak
- 300 gram kale
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150 gram sun dried tomatoes
- 10 gram basil
- 25 gram butter
- Take your steak out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start cooking.
- Boil a pot of water with some salt and cook the kale for 2-3 minutes till its just cooked. Drain in a colander and let it steam dry.
- Chop the 2 garlic cloves, sun dried tomatoes and the basil.
- Season the steak on both sides with peper, salt and a drop of oil. Sear the steak in a hot pan or skillet, reduce the heat and add the butter. Roast the meat golden brown for 1-2 minutes on each side and after put it on a baking tray to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan, stir and right after add the cream. Reduce the cream slightly, add the kale and season with salt. Mix well.
- Finish cooking the meat in the oven on 180°C for 4-6 minutes to a beautiful medium cook. Leave to rest for another 5 minutes before carving.
- Now heat up the kale, carve the meat in equal slices and top with the sun dried tomatoes and basil.
- Toast a few thick slices of sourdough to go along with the dish.