- 2 spring chickens
- 1 nugget ginger
- 2 lemons
- 500 gram new potatoes
- 250 gram mangetout
- 1 large clove garlic
- 10 gram parsley
- Olive oil
- Clean the chickens and remove excess fat and feathers.
- Season with some olive oil and salt and fill the cavities with slices ginger and lemons.
- Place in a deep oven tray and cover with aluminium foil. Roast for 45 minutes on 180°C.
- In the mean time boil the potatoes in slightly salted water. When done, peel of the skins and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Cook the mangetout for only 1 – 2 minutes so they keep a nice bite.
- Chop the garlic and parsley fine.
- After 45 minutes take the chickens from the oven and remove the aluminium. Bask the chickens in the gravy and roast for another 15 minutes on 200°C till their are beautiful and brown. Just keep an eye on the gravy that is doesn’t completely dry out. If it’s getting dry you can add a drop of water.
- Now finish the potatoes by gently frying the chopped garlic in some olive oil. Add the mangetout, season with salt, pepper and finish with the chopped parsley. Serve directly with the chickens, sliced lemons and the gravy.