Crunchy, healthy, and full of fibre. This rice dish is a statement on its own. The toasted pecans have a buttery taste that really brings out the flavors of the rice. Sweet bursts of pomegranate and lots of fresh herbs make this a real favorite and never gets old
Camargue rice with pomegranate, pecans, snow peas and dill
- small rice cooker
For the rice
- 250 gram red Camargue rice
- 1 pomegranate
- 200 gram snow peas
- 50 gram pecans
For the vinaigrette
- 30 gram olive oil
- 10 gram sherry vinegar
- 5 gram dill
- 5 gram parsley
- Cook the rice with a pinch of salt in a small rice cooker or in a small pot with a lid.
- Blanch the sugar snaps, drain, and let them steam dry.
- Carefully roast the pecan nuts at 180°C till golden and fragrant. This takes about 7-9 minutes.
- Clean the seeds out of the pomegranate and remove white bits.
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar together.
- Pick the leaves of the dill and parsley. Wash and dry the herbs
- Mix the cooked rice, sugar snaps, and pecans together. Add olive oil, vinegar, herbs, and pomegranate.
- Season with salt to your own taste and serve.