Servings: 4 People
- 600 gram minced beef butcher, not pre packed!
- 4 brioche burger buns or a bun of your choice
- 12 bacon rashers
- 4 slices Monterey Jack
- 4 eggs
- 1 red onion
- 1 lettuce head
- 2 tbs Mayo
- 1 tbs mustard
- Get some awesome beef mince from your local butcher and make sure not to compress it. The trick to these patties is to keep the meat loose and crumbly.
- Shape 4 large patties without adding anything and without pressing the meat to much. We want the patty to just about stick together.
- Fry the bacon rashers on low heat till they are nice and crispy.
- Wash the lettuce, slice tomatoes and the red onion.
- Mix the Mayo and mustard for the burger sauce.
- Season the burger patties with olive oil, pepper and salt on both sides.
- Toast the buns in the oven or toaster.
- Fry 4 eggs in a separate frying pan and keep warm.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add the burger patties. They only need 1-2 minutes per side only so you have to stay on top. We want the burgers to be nice and pink inside.
- Turn the patties and top with the cheese so it melts.
- Now it's time to build your burgers. Start with the sauce on both sides of the bun. Add the lettuce than onions, the patties, bacon, tomato, fried egg and top with the cap.
- Serve on it's own or with your favourite fries.