- 2 kg whole lamb shoulder
- 500 ml Lamb stock not from cubes
- 50 gram butter
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 tbs pomegranate molasses
- 20 gram rosemary
- Season the lamb shoulder with salt and olive oil on both sides. Put it on a large oven tray a cover with aluminium foil. Make sure it’s closed really well! Bake for 3 hours on 180°C
- For the glaze; melt the butter in a sauce pan till the bubbles go and it starts to brown slightly. Reduce the heat, add the pomegranate molasses and caramelise for 30 second. Add the juice of 1 pink grapefruit And reduce for 5 minutes. Add the stock and reduce till it starts to get thick and sticky. This takes about 25-35 minutes depending on your pot. The larger the diameter of the pot the faster it reduces. Turn of the heat source and keep aside till you are ready for the glazing. If it turns out to thick you can add a drop of water before starting the glazing process.
- After the shoulder is cooked for 3 hours take it out of the oven and let it rest for 30 Minutes with the cover.
- Now uncover, brush the shoulder with the glaze and put back in the oven. Repeat 3-4 times over 15 minutes till the shoulder is beautiful and shiny with a thick layer of glaze. Serve the rest of the glaze as a sauce on the side
- Finish with fragrant rosemary and serve with your favourite potatoes and vegetables
- Next day Left overs make a great sandwich. Shred the meat and warm up slightly. Butter some toast, shred the warm meat and top with mustard! 😋