This roasted fennel and chicory salad is filled with crunchy nuts and creamy ricotta. A filling salad that does well on its own. Or with many other delicious lunch dishes
Roasted fennel and chicory salad
- 3 fennel bulbs washed
- 2 radicchio Tardivo or red chicory washed and dried
- 25 gram walnuts toasted
- 25 gram brazil nuts toasted
- 150 gram ricotta high quality dry ricotta
- 50 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 20 ml PX sherry vinegar good quality
- 2 gram maldon sea salt
- Cut the fennel in quarters and toss with olive oil and salt. Keep the green seperate for garnish.
- Roast the fennel in the oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. Turn them over and roast for another 10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Leave to cool down at room temperature.
- Roast the walnuts and brazil nuts for 5-7 min till light brown.
- Wash the radicchio and fennel green and dry in a salad spinner.
- Mix the olive oil and PX sherry vinegar with a pinch of salt for the vinaigrette.
- Take a large dinner plate and carefully dress the fennel, chicory, ricotta and roasted nuts. Season lightly with salt and finish with the vinaigrette