This traditional Portuguese Caldo Verde soup is a real crowd-pleaser. A light potato soup with lots of healthy kale en slices of chorizo to give it body. The recipe is super simple, cheap, and never misses.
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 325 gram potato
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 gram curly kale
- 50 gram chorizo
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cook the potatoes in the stock with the bay leaf till it is completely cooked.
- Remove the bay leaf and blender with a handheld blender.
- Wash and chop the kale.
- Peel the skin from chorizo and slice in half-moon slices.
- Add the kale and the chorizo to the broth and cook for 10 minutes till the kale is tender.
- Skim off any fat from the chorizo whilst cooking.
- Season with salt and finish with a drop of olive oil.